2020 Toyota RAV4 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting $26,970 MSRP*
- Dynamic Force 2.5-liter I4 engine with VVT-iE mated to an 8-speed Direct-Shift Automatic Transmission
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense 2.0
- Standard 7-inch touch-screen, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, and Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Available Multi-Terrain Select and an Available Toyota-First, Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect
- TNGA K Platform with Multi-Link Rear Suspension
- Optional 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory and 2-way lumbar support
- Available hands-free power liftgate
About the Toyota RAV4
Currently ranked as the number-one-selling vehicle in the Toyota lineup, as well as the best-selling non-pickup-truck in the country — the Toyota RAV4 has remained a favorite among buyers for decades. Entering its fifth generation, the Toyota RAV4 delivers the presence of a small SUV while maintaining high levels of finesse inside and out. Thanks to the TNGA platform, the RAV4 is now lower and wider than before. Engineers worked tirelessly to ensure that the 2020 RAV4 has the powertrain to deliver a driving experience that’s both confident and natural. An array of cutting-edge tech features, groundbreaking safety from Toyota Safety Sense 2.0, and eye-catching styling make the 2020 RAV4 a winning choice.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2020
The biggest change to the Toyota RAV4 lineup is the addition of a new TRD trim level. RAV4 TRD levels include exclusive 18-inch black TRD wheels, a TRD Off-Road suspension kit, and an array of TRD design elements found on both the interior and exterior. In other news, XLE models now receive power seat adjustability for the front passenger seat. Finally, RAV4 Limited trims now come standard with a premium JBL audio system.
Toyota RAV4 Features
Whether for exploring the city, a weekend trip to the countryside, or a jaunt on the trails — the 2020 Toyota RAV4 has the good looks and style which make a memorable first impression. Its strong nose transitions into a chiseled side profile, robust shoulders, and pronounced wheel arches which sport available 19-inch wheels for a powerful stance. Thanks to a longer wheelbase and wider front/rear tracks, the RAV4 delivers excellent off-road capabilities to tackle rough terrain. Repositioned side mirrors are found lower on the door for increased forward visibility around the A-pillar. Even though ground clearance has increased by more than half an inch, the 2020 Toyota RAV4 still achieves improved aerodynamics over the previous generation.
Performance & Capability
Standard power for the 2020 RAV4 comes from a Dynamic Force 2.5-Liter Inline 4-Cylinder with VVT-iE paired with an 8-speed Direct-Shift Automatic Transmission. Utilizing high-speed combustion technology and a variable control system, this new powertrain reduces energy losses for a responsive yet fuel-efficient driving experience. A Toyota-first, Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive with Rear Driveline Disconnect allows the driver to steer the RAV4 as intended — even on the toughest terrain. It can direct 50 percent of engine torque to the rear wheels or distribute it from side-to-side for unparalleled handling and control. Available Multi-Terrain Select allows you to maximize traction when driving through snow, mud, rocks, or sand.
Every aspect of the interior of the 2020 Toyota RAV4 has been carefully crafted with refinement as a top priority. Its uncomplicated layout, modern design, and the use of premium materials help create an ideal space to unwind and relax. Every 2020 RAV4 comes standard with hands-free access to Amazon Alexa, Android Auto, and Apple CarPlay compatibility. Available with up to five USB ports and an optional Qi wireless charging tray, the RAV4 keeps you connected no matter how far you roam. An available JBL audio system transforms your favorite music with an enhanced system architecture, new speaker design, and an improved tuning process.
Next-Generation Safety Technology
Continuing to lead the pack when it comes to safety, the all-new RAV4 comes standard with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0. Contained in this updated safety package are new active-safety technologies and capabilities which enhance your driving confidence. Standard technologies include Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), and Automatic High Beam (AHB). Making their debut on the RAV4 are Lane Tracing Assistant (LTA) and Road Sign Assist (RSA). Eight standard airbags and the Toyota Star Safety System prove that no other vehicle prioritizes your safety and security quite like the Toyota RAV4.
Trims & Specs
2020 RAV4 LE
- Starting at $26,970 MSRP*
- 2.5-Liter Dynamic Force 4-Cylinder engine with 203 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- Available All-Wheel Drive (AWD) with Multi-terrain Select
- Integrated Backup Camera with Projected Path
- Multi-LED Headlights with Automatic High Beams (AHB)
2020 RAV4 XLE
- Starting at $28,268 MSRP*
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Smart Key System on front doors and liftgate
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system with rear-seat vents
- 17-inch 5-Spoke Silver Alloy Wheels
- Dual Chrome Exhaust Tips
2020 RAV4 XLE Premium
- Starting at $30,970 MSRP*
- SofTex®-Trimmed Front Bucket Seats
- 19-Inch Multi-Spoke Super Chrome-Finished Alloy Wheels
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with one-touch open/close
- 7-inch touch-screen, Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, and Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Height-adjustable power liftgate with jam protection
2020 RAV4 Adventure
- Starting at $34,075 MSRP*
- SofTex®-trimmed front bucket seats with orange accents and stitching, embossed seat inserts
- Smart Key System on front doors and liftgate with Push Button Start
- Unique Adventure grade roof rails
- Black RAV4 and Adventure badging
- 19-inch split five-spoke alloy wheels with matte-black accents
2020 RAV4 Limited
- Starting at $35,500 MSRP*
- Premium JBL Audio with Dynamic Navigation
- Digital Rearview Mirror with HomeLink® universal transceiver
- Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) with Rear Cross-Traffic Braking (RCTB)
- Available Heated leather-trimmed three-spoke steering wheel
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
2020 RAV4 TRD
- Starting at $36,300 MSRP*
- Black RAV4 and TRD Off-Road badging
- 18-inch six-spoke matte-black TRD flow-formed alloy wheels
- SofTex®-trimmed seats with red stitching, embossed seat inserts, and TRD stitching in headrests
- TRD-tuned independent MacPherson strut front suspension with stabilizer bar
- TRD all-weather floor mats and cargo liner
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $955 for Cars (86, Avalon, Avalon HV, Camry, Camry HV, Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, Mirai, Prius, Prius Prime, Supra, Yaris HB, Yaris Sedan), $1,120 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (4Runner, C-HR, Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,325 for Large SUVs (Land Cruiser, Sequoia), and $1,595 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2020 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.