2020 Toyota Highlander Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $35,720 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-Liter V6 engine (295-horsepower and 263 lb-ft of torque) with Direct Shift-8AT 8-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission and available Dynamic Torque Vectoring AWD
- New TNGA-K Platform with Enhanced Driving Refinement
- Standard Android Auto, Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM®, Waze, and Amazon Alexa Compatibility
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- Sculpted new shape with chiseled lines and a more confident stance
- Available with 7- or 8-Passenger Seating
- Optional Largest in Segment 12.3-inch Multimedia Display
About the All-New 2020 Toyota Highlander
Marking the start of the model’s fourth generation, the all-new 2020 Toyota Highlander is back with a more dynamic exterior complemented by expanded connectivity, safety, and versatility. First introduced in 2001, the Highlander created a stir in the midsize family SUV segment and the 2020 model builds upon its award-winning reputation. Its bold new look infuses the powerful presence of an SUV with innovative design cues which set it apart its competitors.
Riding on a new TNGA-K Platform, the 2020 Highlander expands its already stellar track record for safety, comfort, and capability. Making it easy to find the Highlander that’s right for your lifestyle, the model lineup consists of five distinct trim choices ranging from value-packed to downright luxurious. Your entire family can relax and unwind on the journey thanks to a collection of cutting-edge connectivity features included as standard. Groundbreaking driver-assistive safety technologies elevate the all-new Highlander to a segment leader for greater confidence behind the wheels. If you’ve been looking for an SUV that’s sure to be a hit with the whole family, the all-new 2020 Toyota Highlander is here to help you create memories which will last a lifetime.
What the Critics Say
Toyota Highlander Features
Sophisticated, athletic, and commanding – the all-new Highlander proudly sports an exterior look that’s more dynamic than ever before. Riding on the new TNGA-K Platform constructed with high-strength steel, the new Highlander is more capable than its predecessor and delivers a much smoother ride with its front strut and rear multi-link suspension. Aerodynamics helped shape the new exterior and has culminated in greater vehicle stability and lower wind noise. Meticulously sculpted character lines and flowing angles help achieve the perfect harmony between refinement and capability. Up front, the new Highlander proudly sports dynamic LED headlights for superior visibility and another dose of style in low-light conditions. Another first for the Highlander in 2020, 20-inch alloy wheels are available for a more powerful stance on the road.
Once you take a seat behind the wheel of the all-new 2020 Toyota Highlander, you’ll have access to an expanded array of both comfort and connectivity amenities. Featuring your choice of seating for either 7 or 8 passengers, the Highlander can also be equipped with optional heated and ventilated front seats along with heated second-row seats for passengers. You can enjoy an uninhibited view of the sky along with some fresh air inside the cabin when you open the available Panoramic Moonroof.
Located in the center of its split-level dashboard, the Highlander is available with a stunning 12.3-inch Multimedia Display which leads the class in terms of size. This groundbreaking system acts as your centralized hub for standard Android Auto, Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM®, Waze, and Amazon Alexa compatibility. Dealing with interior clutter from charging cables and wires is a thing of the past when you opt for the available Qi wireless charging pad positioned inside the redesigned center console which also features innovative storage compartments and additional USB charging ports.
Since even the best drivers can use a helping hand from time to time, all 2020 Toyota Highlander models come standard with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0) — a comprehensive suite of groundbreaking safety innovations. Examples of the features included in this impressive collection are Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD), Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA), Automatic High Beam (AHB), Lane Tracing Assist (LTA), and Road Sign Assist (RSA). Better still, every 2020 Highlander also comes equipped with Toyota Safety Connect and a 1-year trial subscription as standard, allowing you to get the help you need even when you’re hundreds of miles from home. Optional on Highlander Limited and standard on Highlander Platinum, the Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan gives drivers a live rotating 360-degree look of your surroundings.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $35,720 MSRP*
- 3.5-Liter V6 engine (295-horsepower and 263 lb-ft of torque) with Direct Shift-8AT 8-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0
- Auto LED headlamps with Auto High Beam
- Multimedia with 8-inch touchscreen display
- 3-zone automatic climate control
- Starting at $37,920 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
- Power Liftgate
- Smart Key System
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM®, Waze, and Amazon Alexa Compatibility
- Starting at $40,720 MSRP*
- SofTex®-trimmed seats and door trim with heated front seats
- Power tilt and slide moon roof
- Qi-Compatible Wireless Charging
- Second Row Captain’s Chairs
- Auto dimming rear-view mirror with garage door opener
- Starting at $44,770 MSRP*
- Perforated leather trimmed seats in Beige, Gray, or Black with heated/ventilated front seats
- JBL® Audio System and Embedded Navigation System
- 20-inch Limited style alloy wheels
- “Highlander” projector puddle lamps
- Hand’s-free power liftgate
- Starting at $47,970 MSRP*
- Segment-leading 12.3-inch multimedia head unit
- Adaptive, self-leveling headlamps
- Panoramic moonroof
- Heated second row seats
- Embossed, perforated leather trimmed seats
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $955 for Cars (86, Avalon, Avalon HV, Camry, Camry HV, Corolla, Corolla HV, Corolla HB, Mirai, Prius, Prius Prime, Supra, Yaris HB, Yaris Sedan), $1,120 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (4Runner, C-HR, Highlander, Highlander HV, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,325 for Large SUVs (Land Cruiser, Sequoia), and $1,595 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2020 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.