2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Starting at $38,065 MSRP*
- 3.5-liter V6 Hybrid engine with 306 hybrid system net horsepower
- EPA-estimated 30 city / 28 highway MPG**
- Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive with intelligence (AWD-i)
- Maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds (when equipped)
- Optional rear-seat Blu-ray Disc™ entertainment system
- Available Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite
- Optional height-adjustable power liftgate with jam protection
About the Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Bring efficiency, style, and versatility to every drive in the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. With a EPA-estimated 30 MPG highway fuel economy rating**, the Highlander Hybrid is ready to go the distance. Exceptional fuel economy doesn’t have to mean sacrificing on power thanks to 306 hybrid system net horsepower and a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds (when properly equipped). No matter how slippery the road conditions are, count on the Highlander Hybrid to get you to your destination thanks to standard Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive with intelligence (AWD-i). A comfortable interior offers outstanding connectivity and tech features that are sure to keep the whole crew entertained in the Highlander Hybrid. Perfect for growing families or those with active lifestyles, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid proves to be an excellent choice.
What the Critics Say
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Features
Stretching your fuel budget has never been easier thanks to the Toyota Highlander. Dedicated ECO and EV drive mode buttons give you the ability to control drive settings. In ECO Mode, the Highlander Hybrid adjusts throttle response to help with fuel economy and can also help when you’re slowly accelerating on low-traction surfaces such as snow or ice. EV Mode uses only the electric motor for situations where you’re driving at low speeds for short distances, such as in a parking garage. An energy monitor display and hybrid system power meter provide real-time information to the driver.
With seating for up to 8, the interior of the Highlander Hybrid offers a spacious environment to relax and unwind. Optional perforated heated and ventilated leather-trimmed front seats help make those chilly mornings or hot afternoons much more bearable. An available panoramic sunroof allows you to fill the cabin with natural lighting and fresh air. The optional rear-seat Blu-ray Disc™ entertainment system is sure to be a hit for back seat passengers on extended road trips. Experience an available Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite, which delivers exceptional acoustic clarity while giving you access to a variety of useful apps.
The Highlander Hybrid packs powerful performance in addition to remarkable efficiency. Standard Electronic On-Demand All-Wheel Drive with intelligence (AWD-i) gives you confidence and stability even when the roads turn wet and slippery. When properly equipped, the Toyota Highlander Hybrid has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds, meaning that even your biggest toys can come along on your next adventure. Available 18-inch or 19-inch alloy wheels add a touch of style on the Highlander Hybrid.
With a dynamic front grille, inspired front fascia, and expressive headlights — the Toyota Highlander Hybrid makes a strong first impression. Standard LED taillights add additional visibility at the rear. Available puddle lights project an illuminated “Highlander” logo onto the ground directly below the side mirrors, helping to announce your arrival as you approach the vehicle. Optional roof rail cross bars add rugged styling while giving you the ability to haul more cargo to your destination.
Trims & Specs
Highlander Hybrid LE
- Starting at $38,065 MSRP*
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Integrated backup camera w/ projected path
- Smart Key System with Push Button Start
- Five total USB ports: 3 front, 2 second row
- Soft-touch in-dash shelf with easy cable management
Highlander Hybrid XLE
- Starting at $43,125 MSRP*
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade and jam protection
- Height-adjustable power liftgate with jam protection
- Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite
- Leather-trimmed seats with heated front seats
- 18-in. turbine-look alloy wheels and Chromtec® roof rails
Highlander Hybrid Limited
- Starting at $46,605 MSRP*
- 19-inch 5-spoke Chromtec® alloy wheels
- Perforated heated and ventilated leather-trimmed front seats with memory function on driver’s seat
- Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)2 and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Rear parking assist sonar
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $930 for Cars (Yaris LB, Yaris Sedan, 86, Corolla, Corolla HB, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $1,095 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,295 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,495 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. The published prices do not apply to Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2019 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.