2019 Toyota Avalon Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $36,420*
- Standard 3.5-Liter V6 Engine with 301-horsepower 267 lb-ft of torque paired with a Direct Shift 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
- SofTex®-trimmed heated seats with 8-way adjustable power front seats
- Available Qi-compatible wireless charging system
- Entune 3.0 Audio Plus with App Suite with 9-inch touch screen
- Optional Advanced Safety Package – Bird’s Eye View Camera, Rear Cross-Traffic Braking, and Intelligence Clearance Sonar
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with air filter and rear-seat vents
- Dual exhaust with quad chrome tips
About the 2019 Toyota Avalon
Arriving at dealerships soon, the all-new 2019 Toyota Avalon makes a statement wherever you go. Riding on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform, the all-new Avalon is powered by a forceful yet efficient 3.5-Liter V6 which produces 301 horsepower and 267 lb-ft of torque. Entering its fifth generation, the Avalon returns with taut lines and a sleek silhouette for an unmistakable appearance. Longer, lower, and wider than ever before — the premium aura and sporty stature of the all-new Avalon give it an unmistakable look. Toyota-firsts which will debut on the Avalon include standard Apple CarPlay, available Dynamic Auxiliary Turn Signals, along with available authentic Yamaha wood and aluminum cabin accents.
What the Critics Say
All-New Toyota Avalon Features
At the front, available slim all-LED projector headlights simultaneously blend sportiness and elegance to help announce your arrival in the all-new 2019 Toyota Avalon. An aluminum hood and lightweight underpinnings help reduce weight while an aerodynamic front fascia help the Avalon slice through the air for outstanding efficiency. XSE and Touring will sport a more aggressive look which includes a piano black mesh grille, machine-finish and Gloss Black wheels, along with black outer mirror housings are unique to the trims. Thanks to tangential vents at the front, its rear spoiler, and the substantial underbody panel coverage — the all-new Avalon is able to achieve a 0.27 coefficient of drag.
Simplicity and a purposeful placement of amenities and controls welcomes both drivers and passengers as they step inside the luxurious cabin of the all-new 2019 Toyota Avalon. You’ll also be greeted by authentic materials such as the available Yamaha-sourced wood-trim and authentic aluminum pieces, accent arm rests, center console, and instrument panels. A flowing, low-profile center console decorated in piano black trim helps create a welcoming environment while keeping all vital controls within easy reach. An Intake Sound Generator (ISG), Active Noise Control (ANC), and Engine Sound Enhancement (ESE) combine to produce a civilized, library-quiet interior, if desired.
Standard on Limited and Touring grades and available on XLE and XSE grades, a JBL performance audio system lets you hear your favorite music with brilliant clarity. A slim center stack houses a 9-inch multimedia system (MMS) displaying audio and navigation while integrating with the climate control system. Located beyond the steering wheel, a 7-inch Multi-Information Display (MID) shows vehicle information, turn-by-turn navigation, and various vehicle settings. The all-new Avalon will also feature Toyota’s first integration of smartwatch or Amazon Alexa-enabled device connectivity, as part of Toyota Remote Connect. Lock/unlock your doors, start the engine, or check the fuel level, all from the convenience of your smartwatch or Amazon Alexa-enabled device. Apple CarPlay smartphone integration is standard on all trim levels.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $36,420 MSRP*
- 301 Horsepower 3.5-Liter V6 with Direct Shift 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
- 17-inch silver-painted alloy wheels
- SofTex®-trimmed heated front seats
- Entune™ 3.0 Audio Plus with App Suite and Apple CarPlay™connectivity
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Starting at $38,920 MSRP*
- Sport-tuned suspension
- 19-inch black-painted machined-finish alloy wheels
- SofTex®-trimmed seats with perforation and Ultrasuede® heated front seats
- Genuine aluminum interior trim and aluminum pedal covers
- Dual exhaust with quad chrome tips
- Starting at $42,720 MSRP*
- Entune™ 3.0 Premium Audio with JBL® and Clari-Fi™, Dynamic Navigation, and App Suite
- Premium leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats
- Genuine wood interior trim
- 10-inch color Head-Up Display (HUD) with customizable settings
- 18-inch SuperChrome alloy wheels
- Starting at $43,120 MSRP*
- Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system
- 4-mode switch (ECO, Normal/Custom, Sport, Sport+)
- Engine Sound Enhancement (ESE) and Active Noise Control (ANC)
- LED taillights with laser-ablation design and dynamic auxiliary turn signals
- Ambient lighting for cup holders, side of console and door handles
**MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $920 for Cars (Yaris, Yaris iA, 86, Corolla, Corolla iM, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius v, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $1,045 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,295 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,295 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. Actual dealer price will vary.
**2018 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.