2018 Toyota RAV4 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $25,505 MSRP*
- Standard 2.5-liter DOHC 4-Cylinder 176 Horsepower Engine with available Dynamic Torque-Control AWD
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) – Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Automatic High Beams, and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Optional Entune™ Premium Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite
- Available Hands-free, foot-activated power liftgate with jam protection
- Optional SofTex®-trimmed power-adjustable front seats
- Available Smart Key System on front doors and liftgate with Push Button Start
- Optional Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink
About the 2018 Toyota RAV4
A long-time favorite among compact crossover drivers, the Toyota RAV4 returns for 2018 sporting a variety of fresh updates for the new model year. New this year is the rugged, off-road capable RAV4 Adventure. This all-new Adventure trim includes tough exterior accents along with a unique interior. Thanks to a trim-specific Tow Prep Package, RAV4 Adventure is capable of towing up to 3,500 pounds and includes an oil cooler, transmission fluid cooler, and an upgraded radiator.
Helpful available convenience features found on the 2018 RAV4 include a Smart Key System with Push Button Start and a hands-free foot-activated power liftgate. The optional Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite gives drivers and passengers access to their favorite media and entertainment. If you’re headed up the mountain for a weekend getaway at the cabin or downtown for dinner and a movie, the 2018 Toyota RAV4 makes the perfect companion.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2018
Brand-new for 2018 is the RAV4 Adventure trim. Unique features found on the RAV4 Adventure include trim-specific interior accents, a 120V power outlet located in the cargo area, lower body guards, higher ride height, and a Tow Prep Package. New optional equipment now available on 2018 RAV4 models include optional heated power-adjustable seats on lower trim levels with cloth upholstery and a heated steering wheel.
Toyota RAV4 Features
Inside the 2018 RAV4, drivers will find the perfect space to both unwind and stay connected. The RAV4 offers 60/40 split rear seats which fold to reveal a massive 73.4 cubic feet of cargo space, meaning that all of your gear can come along for the next adventure. Keep your devices charged and ready to go with the optional 120V rear cargo power outlet. Fill the cabin with natural lighting and fresh air with just the push of a button with the available power tilt/slide moonroof. Relax in complete comfort in the available SofTex®-trimmed front seats which offer outstanding lateral support and adjustability along with a heating function.
Convenience & Technology
For the ultimate multimedia infotainment experience, the Toyota RAV4 offers available Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite featuring JBL® GreenEdge™ speakers. Use the optional Siri® Eyes Free to connect the voice recognition technology of your paired iPhone to the RAV4. Send messages, get directions, and select music all with just the sound of your voice. An available hands-free, foot-activated power liftgate can open and close even when your hands are full using just the swipe of your foot underneath the rear bumper of the Toyota RAV4. Standard Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P) technologies work simultaneously to keep you safe on the road.
The 2018 RAV4 features eye-catching styling that’s sure to stand out from the crowd. The available S-Code paint treatment on the RAV4 SE adds a two-tone appearance for a personalized look. From the luxuriously-appointed XLE to the rugged Adventure, there’s sure to be a RAV4 which fits your personality. Other available styling features include 17 and 18 inch alloy wheel designs, LED headlights, taillights, and Daytime Running Lights. No matter where you’re headed, the Toyota RAV4 boasts sharp styling.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $25,505 MSRP*
- 2.5-liter DOHC 4-Cylinder 176 Horsepower Engine
- Automatic Limited-Slip Differential (Auto LSD)
- Standard Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)
- Backup camera with projected path
- 17-inch wide-vent steel wheels with wheel covers
- Staring at $26,595 MSRP*
- Silver-highlighted lower grille with integrated fog lights
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with sunshade
- Dual zone automatic climate control with air filter
- 4.2-inch TFT Multi-Information Display (MID)
- 17-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels
- Starting at $28,795 MSRP*
- Black RAV4 Adventure badging with larger overfender flares
- Unique lower valance panels and rocker panel guards
- Heavy-duty Adventure all-weather floor liners and cargo mats
- 120V/100W power outlet in rear cargo area
- 18-inch 5-spoke Black alloy wheels
- Starting at $28,885 MSRP*
- Available S-Code Paint Treatment
- SofTex®-trimmed 8-way power-adjustable front seats
- Entune™ Audio Plus with Connected Navigation App
- Smart Key System on front doors with Push Button Start and remote power liftgate function
- Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- Starting at $32,000 MSRP*
- Available Dynamic Torque-Control AWD w/center differential lock
- Frameless auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®
- Front and rear parking sonar
- Driver and front passenger heated seats
- 18-inch 5-spoke SuperChrome alloy wheels
- Starting at $35,845 MSRP*
- Bird’s Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan
- Hands-free, foot-activated power liftgate with jam protection
- LED projector-beam headlights with auto on/off feature
- Full body color with Platinum badging
- Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite
*MSRP includes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee of $895 for Cars (Yaris, Yaris iA, 86, Corolla, Corolla iM, Camry, Camry HV, Prius LB, Prius c, Prius v, Prius Prime, Mirai, Avalon, Avalon HV), $995 for Small/Medium Trucks, SUVs and Van (C-HR, RAV4, RAV4 HV, Highlander, Highlander HV, 4Runner, Sienna, Tacoma), $1,295 for Large SUVs (Sequoia, Land Cruiser), and $1,295 for Large Truck (Tundra). (Historically, vehicle manufacturers and distributors have charged a separate fee for processing, handling and delivering vehicles to dealerships. Toyota’s charge for these services is called the “Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee” and is based on the value of the processing, handling and delivery services Toyota provides as well as Toyota’s overall pricing structure. Toyota may make a profit on the Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee.) Excludes taxes, license, title and available or regionally related equipment. The Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee in AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, and TX will be higher. Actual dealer price will vary.
**Before towing, confirm your vehicle and trailer are compatible, hooked up and loaded properly and that you have any necessary additional equipment. Do not exceed any Weight Ratings and follow all instructions in your Owner’s Manual. The maximum you can tow depends on base curb weight plus the total weight of any cargo, occupants, and added vehicle equipment. “Added vehicle equipment”
includes additional standard/optional equipment and accessories added by the manufacturer, dealers, and/or vehicle owners. The only way to be certain of your vehicle’s exact curb weight is to weigh your vehicle without passengers or cargo.
***2018 EPA-estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.